Welcome to the read-a-long of Zelda! We’re reading this book through November and December. You can see the reading schedule and guidelines on the Starting Post Page.
Thank you to everyone who has offered to lead discussion! If you can have your discussion ready by the Sunday (morning) before the Monday you have signed up to lead, that would be great! You can e-mail it to me at email@example.com – also, if you decide you would like to (or are able to) lead another, there are still openings: December 2nd, 9th, and 16th.
Week Four: Read to Chapter 15
Patty @ A Tale of Three cities
** Please don’t forget to come to this blog each Monday and share your thoughts in the comments section of the weekly Northanger Abbey discussion (see below for more information).**
- If you are participating and I don’t have you on this list, please let me know in the comments section. I did not include people who said ‘maybe’ so if you have changed your mind and are definitely reading along with us, let me know so I can add you. Also, if you are not going to be able to join us anymore please let me know and I will take you off the list.
- Comments from the previous week’s reading will be closing Sunday afternoon (before the next discussion takes place on Monday). If you would like to be part of the discussion, please remember to comment before then.
- Each week, on Monday, share your thoughts about the previous week’s reading. If you are stuck on what to comment about, you can respond to my post or others’ comments. Regardless, you MUST check in each week (two weeks without a response and you will be taken off of the list — see below for details on why). You may have only one “off week” (which may not be the last week of reading for obvious reasons) and still be kept on the list, but you must let me know in the comment section by saying something like, “I’m catching up,” or “I’m still reading.” ***for all week’s discussions please refrain from posting ahead, even if you have read ahead, as to not spoil the book for others***
- If you are a blogger you may post a link to your blog if you are posting about each of the each week’s reading. If I, or other readers, have extra time we will gladly try to visit your blog; however, you must make sure to share your thoughts here on this blog, and be part of the main conversation or your comment will not be counted.
- If you go for two weeks without commenting in my weekly update comments section, I will assume you are no longer participating and will take you off of the list (*NEW GUIDELINE*, in order to get back onthe list, you need to a.) Have missed no more than two weeks of discussion, b.) Let me know you would like to be on the list again, and c.) consistently be part of the discussion for the next two weeks after requesting to be put back on the list.). This is in no way to be discouraging, but helps to keep the read-a-long organized (and helps me remember who’s completed what read-a-long). Thanks!